Monday, July 9, 2007

Sleepy, Bluesy Monday

K, Pig and I are back from our relaxing, refreshing trip to Keuka Lake to visit assorted relatives and engage in numerous water activities. Well K engaged, I tried kayaking but couldn't maneuver without knocking the bump so promptly got out and resumed resting like a plump slab of ahi tuna in a nice patch of shade. I did go for several rides in UK's and AK's boat and greedily sucked in plenty of good, fresh air. All that was lacking was a large cool glass of [insert alcoholic beverage].

But now we're back in muggy, stifling, scorching DC and I'm battling major fatigue. But, we did get to see Transformers yesterday! Wheee! K and I were like little kids, clutching at each others hands, exchanging huge toothy grins, vibrating with glee and then chattering like monkeys afterwards about the best parts. We thought of two new possible Halloween costumes for Anoki and Kirb. We could stick racing stripes on Kirb and he could go as Bumblebee the Camaro. Anoki, could go as he is and be Megatron. Pig could be the All Spark cube, K could be Starscream (his favorite) and I'm not sure what I'd go as, I'm too small to be Optimus Prime even though he's my hero. Maybe I can dress up as the big All Spark cube and Pig could go as the little one. It'll be unbelievably geeky.

Other big news, my sister is officially engaged! So wedding planning is now in full swing. Now, I just have to resist the urge to take over.

No comments: