Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Saturday K and I drove to Wolftrap to see the National Symphony Orchestra perform Bugs Bunny on Broadway. Outdoor venue so it was pretty scorching even at 8:30 pm when the performance began and while we waited, K and I marveled at the number of picnickers braving the heat out on the lawn..with little kids. Well, ok I stared at the food too. I started to think hey that'll be us soon, sitting with our shorts and colorful crocs on, Pig in K's lap, Pig's brother in mine. K and Pig would feed each other Cheez-its while Pig's brother and I would munch/gum pieces of grapes and cheese. By that time, everyone would be into kim-bap (hey I can dream) so I'd have several lunch boxes of them open. We would sit happily enough until a few minutes into the performance when Pig would announce she needed to go pee and Pig's brother would just go ahead and relieve himself in his diaper. After several bathroom breaks, Pig and brother would fall asleep and K and I would hold hands and listen to the music and just think how only a few years ago, life was simpler but not as fulfilling.

No comments: