Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday I'm in Love

Today was supposed to be poo-day for Pig. She's been squirming under the growing pressure of gas collecting in her tum tum and she's been releasing it slowly. I can attest to this as my child has been dutch oven-ing me all damn day. But so far, nada. Which of course means that the poo which is pretty explosive to begin with has now been upgraded to Krakatoa. Thank goodness for the weekend, I'll have K's help with cleaning up our poo covered child.

So Pig and I are going to sunny LA on Monday for a lovely 2.5 weeks, wheee! Poor baby has been trapped indoors most of the time she's been on this earth so it'll be awesome to finally have her breathing fresh air and looking up at sunny skies and green leafy trees! And yes, you haters, the air will be fresh, it's been raining all week in LA so all the smog has washed away.

...so Pig and I have to fly together...alone. I was hoping our first flight would be with tag teaming effort with Papa Pig. Now Pig is pretty good, especially during the day, you give the chick her milk, burp her good and she's happy to hang out, a little whining here and there but nothing difficult. And I've heard that most babies do pretty well on flights because the humming and murmuring on the plane provides the white noise conducive to a massive nap. The key being that you get her through the ascent and descent properly. You botch that up and you might as well throw yourself off the plane. Because I'm hoping to avoid pumping on board, my plan is to start nursing Pig the minute the plane starts moving. She usually feeds for 1.5 hours at a time so we should be good. Then when she falls asleep I'll pop her into her carseat and then kick back and watch my tv courtesy of JetBlue. Read on one parenting message board that bottlefeeding can backfire especially if you have a milk guzzler (which I do) and you've got a long ascent or descent ahead of you.

No comments: