Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Solids

Ah solids... Looks like Pig might be leaving the land of liquids soon...well the land of nothing but liquids that is.

Pig has stopped nursing. I tried a couple times and she just turns her head with a moue of disgust. I have to say, I'm kinda sad. My baby's growing up. She's decided that the boob is beneath her, a woman of action, she wants her milk when she wants it and in overwhelming quantities, none of this one suck at a time nonsense. So, she's been going after her bottles with particular gusto these days. She's always been an exuberant eater but these days the minute she spies her bottle, her eyes widen, her mouth gapes open, she stretches our her arms and does the baby equivalent of "gimme, gimme, gimme"-- "huh, huh, huh!"

So it's only a matter of time before she starts grabbing at the adult food. She's already peering with interest at K's plate of Belgian waffles and the other day she kept staring at my coffee mug, she had such a strange gleam in her eye that eventually I had to hide to finish my coffee. Next month, I'm thinking of starting her on an organic brown rice cereal before moving onto fruit and veggies and eventually to Korean food, yeah! I can just see it now, Pig's pudgy hands picking up her little chopsticks for the first time, clicking them expectantly and bouncing in her high chair with glee as her omma sets a steaming bowl of jjigae and rice on the table...sigh, can't wait.

No comments: