Thursday, March 26, 2009

37 Weeks and 5 days

Full term finally! I had another weekly ob/gyn visit today. Everything is going well. Thank goodness my Group B Strep test came back negative, yay! Moo is still a dancing fool and a determined one at that. The guy is quickly running out of room but he still manages to waltz about, the black and blue marks around my navel can attest to this. Some odd new symptoms: blurred vision. I wake up every morning feeling like there's a weird film over my eyes. Apparently very common...and will stick around for several weeks after the birth.

So much still to do! I am still in nesting mode but without the second trimester energy, blast it! I've got wash Moo's clothes and get them hung up and put away, put up his co-sleeper (courtesy his grandparents, thanks!) and wash the sheets we got for them, clean out the chest freezer in anticipation of mucho breastmilk, sterilize small bottles and nipples, buy new tubing for my pump, start a 529 for Moo....eh, the list continues. I'll be happy when my mom gets here so she can help me get all the little things out of the way.

Non-baby news: our shep/husky mix Anoki is having a really rough time. He's on opiates now to manage the pain but he's so weak that I have to practically push the pills, well coated with peanut butter, down his throat. The lump on his head is impossibly huge and my heart just aches every time I see him. I never thought he'd end up going like this, since I've known him, he's been a healthy dog, a good eater, peed and pooped like a champ. We're not sure what to do. We've decided that when he gets to the point when he can't eat or drink on his own then we should let him go. He's in pain but he can still eat his kibble and drink his water and when someone comes to the door, he manages to come up the stairs and yell at them. It's awful to have to make that decision for him...does he want to stay or go?

No comments: