Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sob Sob Sob

Tomorrow morning I will be waking up and instead of padding down the stairs in my pajamas, Moo on my shoulder, I will be getting dressed in whatever work clothes I can squeeze into, packing up my pump and parts, clapping on a pair of heels and heading to my car...sans Moo. I could just cry.

I had a lump in my throat when I left Pig for the first time but I knew she would be fine, she has always been an independent little thing. Also, after 4 months at home in the dead of winter I was ready to get out and interact with adults again. This time..while Moo is roughly the same age that Pig was when she first started at Mrs. V's, he's clingier and I'll admit, I'm clingier. The weather is nicer and I'm more relaxed this second time and well, I'm enjoying my time with Moo. He has just started really taking notice of his surroundings, for the past few days he has been playing with the toys on his bouncy chair. He never fails to giggle when I put my face up to his and he loves having his legs jiggled. I really just want to stay home with him for another two months, unfortunately, I blew through my annual and sick leave during the first two trimesters of my pregnancy, so back to work I go.
Sigh, my heart just aches. I suppose that after a few days I'll be okay and in fact it's probably best for all of us. Moo will get more activity and be around other babies and I'll get to concentrate on work. But still...my last baby...won't stay a baby for long and I don't want to miss any of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:( i know it's hard...i'll be here if you want to take a break or grab lunch to make the day go by faster.