Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gobblin'

After some research, I have finally arrived at our Thanksgiving Day menu. We're not big turkey people other than the lean ground turkey we use in place of beef and we don't have the storage space in our fridge. So in lieu of a whole turkey, I've decided on turkey cutlets adapted from this recipe. This is a slow cooker recipe so I can spend more time on the sides. Instead of the store bought stuffing that this recipe calls for, I've decided to make one of my own with oysters adapted from this Gourmet magazine recipe.

The traditional Thanksgiving menu is regarded sacrosanct to many but hey, I grew up having kimchi with my turkey so I'm open to anything. Of course there are limits, K made a face when I suggested fish as our entree. The holidays is about having fun in the kitchen, the opportunity to deviate from the mundane work week (boring) menu.

Here is the menu du jour:

Turkey cutlets with wild mushroom gravy
Herbed oyster dressing
Arugula, watercress and pear salad (with walnuts)
Roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic
Roasted asparagus
Chocolate cream pie (K's Nana usually makes this so I thought I'd give it a try)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: