Monday, February 22, 2010

Moo - It is your Destiny.....

So awhile back, before Moo was born, I mentioned that since I chose the decor for Pig's room, that K should do the same for Moo. He chose Star Wars... no huge surprise since K, like many a geek, worships at the altar of George Lucas.

So I kept an eye open for interesting Star Wars themed artwork. I wasn't interested in film posters, we already have those downstairs and this is for a baby's room, not a geek command center. Then while puttering about Etsy, I saw it. The coolest pop art rendition of an X-wing Fighter ever. It was simple and the colors weren't garish, it had me at hello. In my mind's eye I pictured that print growing up with Moo, catching his fancy from across his crib, over his bunk bed as a boy, in the moving van with him and his wife as they drive off to start a new life together...*sniff, sniff*

Ok, what was I talking about...oh yeah, artwork. When the X-wing Fighter arrived, K gazed at it reverently. We decided to take advantage of Michael's framing sale and dropped off a number of pieces. Well yesterday we went to pick up the finished product and it's now hanging in Moo's room. He's well on his way to become a Star Wars loving, computer building, Renaissance Faire attending, manga watching, Mountain Dew drinking geek boy.

No comments: