Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Surreal

I know it's true, I mean the chicken cravings alone prove it, but then I start thinking about how I'm going to go through everything I saw on those baby birthing programs on Lifetime...now I can't even picture myself doing all of that stuff. I may feel differently closer to the due date but for now it's just surreal. My place in childbirth up to now has been as a spectator on the other side of the TV, blubbering on the couch as mother and baby see each other for the first time. Man, and Kris...how weirded out must he be? At least I have the chicken cravings, he's only the guy that gets me that chicken. For all he knows it's just an elaborate plan for me to use him as my butler. The belly he pats in the morning is still flat (ok somewhat flat), the other day he pressed his ear this way and that way onto my lower tum-tum hoping to hear the little guy say "yep it's true and what's more I'm gifted, here I am talking with no lips."

Gazillions have gone through this, I feel kinda stupid thinking the same thoughts that the gazillions before have thought, but I guess that's the glory of it, it never gets old...I'm sure I'll be just as weirded out when I'm pregnant with my second.

So meanwhile, Kris and I have been discussing what our kids will look like...with an Amerasian baby we have no idea where to start. All we know for sure is that he/she will have one massive thatch of hair, we're talking Troll Doll/Suri Cruise/Harry and the Hendersons. I'm hoping for Kris' height and metabolism. Kris is hoping for my skin and teeth.

No comments: