Monday, March 12, 2007

Feel like Sh-t

Just as I started thinking, hey looks like I'm going to have an easy first Trimester, all of the other bad symptoms caught up with me.

Nausea has reared it's ugly head. The mere thought of certain foods and I turn a delicate shade of green. Until yesterday afternoon, I loved chicken, wanted to marry it. Now...ugh. Coffee was an early morning friend, now I'm indifferent. Commercials advertising fast food had me burying myself into the couch cushions...ok gotta stop, this is grossing me out.

Oddly as I found myself dryheaving in the bathroom this morning my first thought was, this is good, this is what pregnancy is supposed to be like. Hey this is what I wanted...but it would be nice if Kris and I could share this part of it, take turns or divide up the symptoms according to our strengths. Kris can have nausea and constipation...I think I can handle the rest.

Otherwise, life is good. Kris and I have set up our group calendar and listed everything we need to get done before the big day. The most daunting task is the flooring. We've decided to install laminate in the bedrooms and carpet in the basement and upstairs hall. To do this we have to take on one room at a time, moving the furniture out, rip out old nasty carpet, paint the room if necessary, put in flooring and trim and move furniture back in and so on so forth. For the carpeting, we have to move everything out of the basement including Nubbly our 500lb couch, Kirby's crate, desks, and bookshelves, rip out the old also nasty carpeting, have someone install new carpeting, put in trim and then move furniture back in. Total, if all goes well we should be finished by September with everything. Then we can go ahead and start putting stuff into the piglet's room. Doing this pregnant will be tricky, beer swilling being a family moving custom, I guess seltzer and pomengranate juice is the best we can do there.

No comments: