Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hello Ass, meet My Knees

Now that I have dropped chicken, I've taken up with pizza. Why oh why pizza, why couldn't I get a horrible craving for lettuce or wheat germ. I'm trying to pepper my diet with Korean dishes but that would involve opening our fridge. The last time I opened it, the combination of smells nearly finished me. So if I want eat well, it looks like I'll have to resort to cooking by proxy. I will shout out directions, from a safe distance, which Kris will execute. Not sure how it'll work since Korean cookery involves alot of eyeballing which in turn will inevitably lead to questions such as "how big a pinch, your pinch or my pinch" and "how do I know when it's done." It'll be a good teamwork exercise. Kris and I tried that with a puzzle several months ago. I bought a puzzle of a vintage 101 Dalmations poster and we started off pretty happily, finished the mother and father dogs, Cruella and her minions and most of the pups...then we got to the rest of the poster which is just a yellow background...500 pieces of the same shade of yellow. Our enthusiasm waned. Since then Kris has been skeptical of any of my ideas for team building. Well if he becomes my cooking arm, damn it, I'll finish the puzzle. (I am so glad that I didn't get the 20,000 piece set)

3 comments:

evolutionofivy said...

Ooh fun...what else can you do by proxy?

Susu said...

Vacuuming by proxy, dishwashing is another good one, toilet scrubbing definitely

evolutionofivy said...

Do you just sit there reading a paper and shut, "you missed a spot", every 5-8 minutes?