Thursday, August 9, 2007

Insomnia

At 3 am I toddled sleepily over to the bathroom and then got back to bed and realized that I couldn't fall back asleep. So there I lay, staring at the back of K's tousled head, thinking...thinking...thinking. Best way to fold laundry, how I can use up the creme fraiche I had in the fridge, whether lying at a 45 degree angle with my right side propped up by a pillow counted as lying on my left side because damn, it was comfy....and so on and so forth.

Until, I started thinking about Bugs Bunny in What's Opera Doc?, I've been obsessed since seeing Bugs Bunny on Broadway. As K snored I began to hum quietly to myself "Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit..." So of course K was puzzled when later that morning as he was getting ready to take a shower, I stood outside the bathroom door asking him to reenact a scene with me.

Me: Brunhilde you're so WUV-VWY!

K: ????

Me: That's your cue! You have to sing, "Yes, I know it, I can't heellpp it!"

K: No, I'm not doing that.

Me: Yes, c'mon and...Brunhilde you're so WUV-VWY!

K: (mumbling) yeah I can't help it....

Hmm, maybe next time I should let him be Siegfried...

No comments: