Wednesday, August 15, 2007

She moves in mysterious ways....

It is a bouncing pig it is. I had heard and read that baby would snooze during the day and then start dancing about at night when mom is trying to sleep. Well Pig dances all day long. Starting to wonder when she does manage to sleep. Worried that K and I will have a super fussy, high maintenance Pig on our hands. But then I'm really grateful for the constant reminder that she's there and kicking. Every morning when I wake up, my little roommate wakes up too and demands that we start moving. I love that I'm never alone while she's with me.

Her movements:

1) The twirl - most common move, very picky this little girl. She hates bad posture so whenever I start to hunch over my keyboard at work, she spins about indignantly until I straighten up.
2) The jab - second most common, usually in response to K's nightly poking and proding.
3) The slither - this one is pretty creepy, when I stretch out onto our bed, I can feel the lump that is Pig move from one side to another. It feels like a snake slithering around.
4) The stretch - I kinda like this one even though it hurts a bit. Occasionally, I look down and see a piece of Pig pushed up against the wall of my belly. I like to pat the little body part, who knows what it is, it feels kinda rounded mostly so maybe she's doing alot of headbutting.
5) The hiccup - this one is not very strong but rhythmic so I'm assuming that they're hiccups.

No comments: