Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On Nesting

I'm in full nesting mode. This means that I'm fixating on minute details and since I'm a detail person to begin with, you can only imagine the levels of detail I'm at these days. To K's utter chagrin/horror, I've got a spreadsheet listing "Tasks to Accomplish" and "Things to Get." I'm not sure how I'll find time to do the pantry cleaning and nursery decorating that I've got in mind especially since after working, making dinner, and daily tidying up, I'm-a pooped.

And then there are the other miscellaneous tasks that I find that I must complete. For example, I've become a cooking and baking fiend. I find that I can't stop thinking about baking cookies, incorporating the ingredient du jour into our meals, and then watching Food Network to determine what I'll make next. This is further fueled by my appetite! I can't scarf down as much as during my now idyllic second trimester when life was a "veritable schmorgasbord-orgasbord," but it doesn't take long before my stomach starts growling. I just hope that I'm not growing a little glutton in training.

No comments: