Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Pig: 8 Weeks

Weight: 12 lbs 10 ozs

You know you're a full fledged mom when your little girl is comforted on your shoulder after being at the receiving end of 4 vaccinations. My poor little Pig had no idea of what was coming when she received four shots...huge adult-sized needles straight into both thighs. Yes, it's for her own good, but when I think of her chubby little body tensing up as each needle penetrated her skin and the instant tears that sprang into her eyes, I could just cry. One shot is bad enough but four one after the other...ugh, just squeezes my heart. But I felt a warm squishy feeling in my chest when I picked her up and she stopped crying. Her little head rested against my shoulder and she hiccuped and made little whimpering noises. I stood there in the doctor's office and realized that she implicitly trusted me to protect her and keep her safe. And I just thought, hey I'm a mom.

No comments: