Sunday, March 22, 2009

37 Weeks and 1 Day

I'm blogging in the comfort of my bed, listening to the dulcet sounds of the little Pig singing herself to sleep and a husband cooking waffles downstairs...ah...this would be the life if I wasn't feeling strong contractions at the same time.

The contractions are getting stronger and more painful, it's the worst when it happens in the car while I'm driving or in the middle of the night just as I drifting off to sleep. So I've begun packing my hospital stay bag. I laugh to think of the things I packed last time, several nighties, underwear, knitting, thank you cards, playing cards, clothes for K, towel, toiletries, breastfeeding pillow..etc... I ended up staying in the hospital gown that snapped up the front making breastfeeding easier, hospital issue disposable underwear, wasn't allowed to shower until the second to the last day, and slept between contractions and when I wasn't feeding Pig. Though actually come to think of it, I did write up a few thank you cards.

So this time, the bag is pretty empty, I've got my going home clothes, yoga pants, loose wrap top, nursing bra and pads, toiletries, beef jerky for K to snack on, slippers for when I'm able to get out of bed, plenty of hair ties, my pump and accessories, sweatshirt for K (he got cold last time), digital camera, video camera and finally a going home outfit for Moo. I intend to only stay 3 days if I can get away with it. While I'll miss the hospital bed, it's easier to sleep at home and easier on my parents who won't have to drive back and forth delivering meals.

Thank goodness my parents are arriving soon! I'll feel better knowing that someone will be around just in case I go into labor in the middle of the night.

No comments: