Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trip to the B'more Zoo

It was such a nice day yesterday that my parents decided to take Pig to the Baltimore Zoo. My friend E had mentioned that it's a nice kid-friendly zoo so I suggested that they go there instead of the National Zoo in DC. They had a blast. They stayed only a few hours because Pig started getting tired but she had a good time looking at the various ungulates as well as some feathered friends (my parents have taught her to quack like a duck). My mom managed to take some really nice photos, difficult when you're trying to keep up with an active little 18 month old. She loves to run and run and no, she doesn't want to hold your hand, she can do it all herself, thank you very much.

I had fun looking at the photos and had to laugh out loud when I saw this next group of photos of Pig in the goat petting area. After some hesitation, she made a beeline for this guy:



My dad saw that there were some kid-sized curry combs and hastened to grab a little yellow one for Pig. So, she starts brushing.....






and brushing...


as she brushed, she started scanning the pen for additional victims, ahem, clients.....


and she came upon the perfect goat....







This morning she looked at Kirby with a new light in her eyes....wait a minute, this yellow guy has fur too...and fur needs brushing....hmmmm.....

No comments: