Tuesday, May 26, 2009

All By Myself....

Pig's substitute daycare lady Miss D is on vacation this week so I'm on my own today and half of tomorrow when their Nana arrives to help. I...am...tired. Moo was fussy this morning and after a feed and some struggling, he finally fell back asleep on my chest, I in turn passed out sitting up on our bed. K got Pig dressed and breakfasted by the time I came downstairs with Moo.

Our cleaning lady was scheduled to come in 10 am this morning so I planned to pack both kids into the car and head over to the indoor playroom. I had packed up Pig's lunch the night before so all I had to do was throw in a couple icepacks into the cooler bag. K put Pig in her pack and play while I fed Moo again and after some unhappiness he finally fell back asleep. I ran upstairs to brush my teeth, wash my face, moisturize, get into jeans and a t-shirt and pull my hair into a ponytail.

Then I ran back downstairs to scarf some yogurt and take my vitamins. On went Pig's coat (it's rainy this week), socks and shoes. I loaded her into the car with diaper and lunch bags and Baby Bjorn. Ran back into the house, put a sleeping Moo into his car seat, clipped his pacifier and grabbed an extra blanket and popped him into the car as well.

The playroom wasn't crowded, yay! Just enough kids to keep it interesting. Pig ran around and played with the plastic cars, roamed in the great playhouses and brought all sorts of toys over to me to inspect. I put Moo in his Baby Bjorn so that I could follow Pig around easily. At noon, I put Pig back into her stroller, packed up her stuff and we piled back into the car. I called K and he asked if I could pick up some lunch for him. All was fine until we got to K's office then Moo started yelling at the top of his lungs. I dropped off K's lunch and then hurried home.

It was lunchtime for Pig so after a quick feeding for Moo, I put her into her highchair and handed her a sippy cup of her Peach and Purple Carrot Juice and a bowl of veggies and pasta. While she ate, I sat on the couch and finished feeding Moo who grumbled and slopped milk all over his face. I put Moo into his bouncy chair and cleaned up Pig's face and hands. While Pig ate her applesauce, I warmed up her afternoon milk. After dragging Moo's bouncy chair and Moo upstairs into Pig's room, I changed her diaper, put her into her pjs and popped her into the glider to drink her milk. Moo was screaming by this time and of course Pig decided to mess around instead of finishing her milk. So with Pig on my lap, I rocked Moo's bouncy chair with one foot. After what felt like a century, Pig finally finished her milk and went into her crib with her blankie and bear.

Moo and I went downstairs and did another feeding and he's finally out on my lap and hopefully both kids will nap blissfully for the next 2 hours at least. I have mucho respect for daycare providers and stay at home moms. I have to say at this rate, I should lose the rest of my baby weight soon.

No comments: