Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I'm kicking myself because I forgot to pack my camera when we out today. We had a wonderful day, after a late breakfast, we packed the kids and the kite we bought last year but never got to play with, into the car, and head to our favorite park and tot lot.

It was a beautiful breezy day, perfect for kite flying and after K assembled our little bi-plane shaped kite, he attempted to get it airborne. He did manage to get it flying a few times but for the most part, the kite preferred to dive nose first into the earth. K tried to involve Pig but as she was only interested in holding the string, ultimately K lost his co-pilot and Pig busied herself climbing it and out of the stroller and eating her bunny-shaped graham crackers.

K gave up after awhile and we headed over to the tot lot where Pig ran herself and her dad ragged. Moo and I did laps around the lot and checked out the park pavilions which incidentally would be an awesome place to celebrate the kids' birthdays.

The kids are asleep and K and I are now watching Real Time with Bill Maher, perfect end to a great day.

No comments: