Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cookie Monster



Pig and I finally made cookies together. I bought this organic gingerbread cookie mix awhile back and kept meaning it for a rainy/snowy day project for Pig. But I noticed too late that the recipe called for a 1/2 cup of molasses. I rummaged and rummaged through my baking stores to no avail. Damn it. C'est la vie.

So once our road was sufficiently plowed, we lit out and got the molasses and today we plugged in the standing mixer. The mix created a wonderful, darkly rich dough. I prefer a clean wine bottle to a regular rolling pin, sticks less, so I got one out. Pig was plopped in a chair, a bib wrapped around her. The first time, I rolled out the dough and then gave Pig the cookie cutter. We had a mini celebration every time a little gingerbread person popped out.

BUT...the Pig is an independent creature, she was getting bored of just being the schmuck pushing down the cutter...that's just stupid. So I handed her our makeshift rolling pin and she rolled away. Unfortunately, she didn't roll for long so we ended up with a few cookies that were, ahem, a wee bit thicker than the suggested 1/8-1/4 inch. No matter, gingerbread muffin people make for good eats as well.


No comments: