Friday, January 16, 2009

My Daughter the Comedian

I was at Metrodad reading about the funny things his daughter is up to and started thinking...Pig is a funny chick, not really talking yet but she manages to keep K and I in stitches. Granted we're her parents and I'm sure what we think is funny would likely leave others yawning and most of the time Pig is totally bewildered when we laugh at her antics. For example she doesn't think it's all too amusing when we laugh at her downturned mouth when she's about to start blubbering. I can't help it, she looks just like this guy:

We're so mean that when she gets upset we start shouting, "not the buttons, not the gumdrop buttons!" (See Shrek I)

She reminds me alot of her emo (her aunt). We called her the family comedian because she always managed to say or do the funniest things. I'm always telling K that my sister is the only person on this planet who has made me laugh so hard I peed. So....I'm excited, I had the great luck to grow up with one funny chick and now have the great honor to raise another. Pig has great potential. I can tell from the way she dances with a tambourine at her daycare and eavesdrops on people that I'll have to stock up on some Depends.

One of my favorite things. She finds laughing infectious (unless she's sad or mad, scroll up to view pic of gingerbread man). So if people around her are laughing, she'll immediately start laughing as well. It's not baby chuckling or giggling either, it's a full on adult guffaw. In fact she reminds me of the pillbugs Tuck and Roll from Bug's Life. This is in Spanish but you get the picture:


2 comments:

TBD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TBD said...

Aww...I'm flattered that Quinn is taking after me :-) That means she will be beautiful! hehehe